Saturday, February 5, 2011

Daily Prayer

blog_6


"Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
for I give myself to you."
-- Psalm 143:8

I came across this verse today, needless to say it was already highlighted in pink. But another reason why it stuck out to me was  because I began to think. And  I began to realize why David was called "a man after God's own heart," for he was solely and undeniably sold out for God. Not to say that everyone else in the world is not. But hey, maybe there was something different about David, even though he was human, just like you and me. Different in a way that he could write a few simple sentences and thousands of years later, on a Saturday afternoon, a girl could read this prayer and be touched beyond words for a passion only to follow God. That she could pray this prayer as tears stream down her face and cry  to God in earnest for guidance, just as a young man named David did, all those years ago.
I hope that this will be your prayer as well. And you will see, how God can  transform you into a person after His own heart.

No comments: