Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lesson Learned

blog_7

"A woman is not born a woman. Nor does she become one when she marries a man, bears a child and does their  dirty linen, not even when she joins a women's liberation movement. A woman becomes a woman when she becomes what God wants her to be."
-- Learning to Be a Woman

I have learned that true happiness cannot be found in a man. It can only be found in Christ. I am made complete in Christ.

I have always imagined my life to be at its most happy state on the day that I get married. Of course, I knew that there would be problems and things to work through in a marriage, but the thought of me getting married was surreal. Maybe because of the way that I grew up, or maybe it was the way we all grew up.


And they lived happily ever after. It is such a magical phrase and at the same time, it is such a lie. I remember one of the first times hearing that on a Disney movie. I tried to imagine what it would be like to live happily ever after with the man of my dreams. I wasted years of my life, trying to figure out what he would be like, what he would look like and how we would meet. All those silly years, dreaming of our wedding day and how we would achieve happiness ever after.

I really should have been running towards Jesus, the one who knows all about me, my failures, thoughts, insecurities, future, past, and yet, still loves me. He loves me in spite of myself. Even when I have gone my own way and felt better doing things on my own, He still loved me and will never leave me.

I am the Bride of Christ, striving to live a life daily in His manifest presence. In doing so, I am living the abundant life. In Him, I will never thirst. In Him, I will never hunger. My life is complete, needing nothing, because Christ lives in me, He is all I will ever need.

2 comments:

Martin said...

I´m so in love with your pictures! Really well done :)

look-scout.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!