Monday, February 7, 2011

Quenchable Quotes

MnD

The Lord will work out His plan for my life-- for Your faithful love O Lord endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me.
-- Psalm 138:8

To regard wickedness is to cherish some sin, to love it to the extent that I am not willing to part with it. I know it is there, yet I justify it.
-- Jerry Bridges

Holiness does not consist in mystic speculations, enthusiastic fervors, or commanded austerities; it consists in thinking as God thinks and willing as God wills.
-- John Brown

"Scriptural faith is not based on naive optimism or hopeful wishing but on the person and promises of Christ. This is firm foundation. Biblical faith is not passive mental agreement or warm sentiment. It is boldly active. Faith is confidently living on the basis of what cannot be seen because we are resolutely convinced that it's true."
-- Dave Patty

No comments: