Monday, October 25, 2010

Before and After II

The criteria for this project was to create shadows and making different amounts shades in the objects we used. Since I am a photographer, it was hard for me to come up with a unique and interesting composition. So I had to work backwards.

I had to arrange the objects and then take a picture of it, so that I could get a composition worth drawing. I must say, it has really helped me understand the bridge between all mediums.

I hope you enjoy these pieces and see the growth between my last project and even the before and after shots.
Before


After


2 comments:

Sara said...

I struggle with this idea as well--taking courses in art classes that don't feel like your "primary medium." For me, its been interesting to see how that changes---in my architecture courses, I feel like an artist. In my art classes, I feel like an architect. And while taking drawing, I keep going back to sculptural means to make sense of a space/idea, whereas last semester I had to draw out ideas in my sculpture class in order to get anywhere. I'll be interested to see what your journey is like even just over the next year!

Unknown said...

I am enjoying the experience though. It is helping me to be well rounded. I now understand what other artists go through other than photography. It has helped me to appreciate it more.