Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The 100th Post


Chinese restaurant in Chicago.

Wow. I can't believe it came to this day. I feel like I must say something worth while, something worth you reading more than just me rambling on, trying to figure out what to say. Here is a list of ten things that I have been learning and I hope it is an encouragement to you as well.

1. James 1:2-4 "Dear brothers and sisters,when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing."

2. Right now I'm going to concentrate on my relationship with God. Loving Him is so much more productive because I actually know that He loves me back.

3. Ephesians 4:2-3 " Always be humble (not just thinking about yourself) and gentle. Be patient with each other (even when the same "things" keep on happening) making allowance for  each others faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace."

4. Maybe God will use me like He used Moses.

5. All Christians are called to spread the Gospel and glorify Him. I should be living my life and honoring God accordingly. God created me for a purpose and if  I'm not pursuing that purpose, What is the point of living?

6. "Do something for somebody everyday for which you do not get paid" -- Albert Schweitzer

7. I want a man who loves the Lord way more than me and lives according to the standards of God and no one else. I will not settle for less.

8. I'm going to be content where I am right now.

9. Don't ever let fear of death or eternity frighten you. Your todays and tomorrows are secure with God.

10. I've come to a point where I have to be either on or off for God, one or the other, nothing in the middle.

No comments: