Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nobody is Perfect

Instead of reading 1 John. I read Philippians 3:12-4:20. It is a really good section. A lot of the things I've heard all my life; but they have a new meaning now that I'm going through different things. I really need to meditate on these verses, they need to be engraved in my head. So I'll be going through them verse by verse.
Philippians 3:12 -- Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold for me.--
I like this because I tend to be a perfectionist (even without thinking). I want my friends to never think bad of me. It's hard for me to show my flaws in front of anyone (besides my family). I get mad when the little thing doesn't go right. And yet Paul and Timothy say that they are not perfect. I can relax now, I don't have to be perfect. Nobody is perfect. There is no such thing as perfect. God is perfect. That is why He is so Awesome.
Now knowing that I am flawed. Knowing that I make mistakes, I press on. I continue my journey... forward. With all my fears and failures, I can hold on. I can take hold on to Christ. I will never let go. I can hold on to Christ because He has taken hold of me.

No comments: