Monday, June 11, 2012

Interview with GVN Style Blog

I had the privilege of interview an amazing blogger called GVN Style Blog. I have been following her for a while and thought it would be appropriate to ask for an interview.

As I stated before, it is my hopes that I create a community of bloggers who actually can start a conversation, since we already have many things in common. I want us as bloggers to actually know each other as people, not as typed letters and pretty outfits and makeup. I want us  to create a warm community of bloggers who are just as passionate as fashion, photography, and inspiration just as much as I am.
I hope you enjoy this interview  as much as I have!


What is your name, age, where are you from?
My name is Giorgia von Niederhäusern, I am 26, I come from Lugano (Switzerland) but I am currently living in Zurich.


What made you start to blogging in the first place? What do you like most about blogging?

I started blogging because I felt like I needed to do something with my passion for style and fashion. My dream had always been to create a bridge to connect me with that world. In my blog, I found the best tool to express, live and feed my passions and interests. 

What is the idea behind your blog? What do you blog about?
GvN Style Blog is actually a mix of impressions about anything I like. The subtitle of the blog is "Style, in my way": it is mostly about fashion, but it also tells about street art, furniture, design, beauty, food...Anything that I love and that, to my point of view, makes life more beautiful.

Who inspires you? Why?  
The people who inspire me the most are those who succeded in turning their dreams into reality. Those who worked hard to reach what they wanted, but who did not forget to have fun while pursuing their dreams and goals. Anyone who manages to make a living out of their hobbies. Those are the happiest people to me. Why do they inspire me? Because I am trying to do the same, I guess :)...

Things that inspire me are everywhere: a beautifully prepared table, listening to some good music while observing the people on the street, looking at a great piece of art, the smell of the sea and the sun on my skin on a desolated beach, a great streetstyle, ... Everything gets in the same big pot that I call living a life with style. 

What is your favorite trend happening this summer?
Neon colors combined with nude tones and I will always be in love with great flat gladiators!



What does GVN mean?
It's simple :). They are my initials: Giorgia von Niederhäusern :)! When I started with the blog and was searching for a good short title which would represent me and my style I came up with the idea that nothing would do it better than my own name, so I chose to entitle the blog with my three initials. 

What is the Bohemian style that you love so much? Any tips on what I can look for?
Yes I love it :)! In my opinion, what creates the best bohemian style is a mix of inspirations from the '70s with a hippie chic touch. The idea that one should get is something like "Charlies' Angles go to Africa", or "Diana Ross + Boyscouting" ;). It's theatrical and pompous, but very natural at the same time. 

If you were invited to a fashionable event what would you wear? 
 If you want to create that touch in your outfits, the best way is to mix ethnic pieces with vintage inspired items and add some more chic touches. I would go for something short, statement jewelry, and a peculiar jacket or kimono. And of course, high heels! 



Give me three words that describe you.
A sweet tooth, a vintage shop lover, and a frank person.

Lastly, what is something that you would like others to know about you?
I am starting my business as personal stylist in Switzerland. The web page is almost done and I will certainly publish all the details on my blog once everything is ready :)!







*If anyone would like to be interviewed, just comment on my blog with your email address*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, nice interview u put there!!
I'd love to do that, seems pretty cool ;) :D

my email is ronbuffy2@gmail.com