Thursday, September 29, 2011

Just a Hobby

MackE
MackE3
MackE4
MackE1

There is one thing that will always disappoint me and that is when people ask if photography is just a hobby for me. 

I'll never forget my freshman year of high school. For some reason, I was very nervous and unsure of what I wanted to do when I graduated. I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to do.  I prayed about it for an entire month. One day, I was looking through a magazine and there was a photography contest. I saw the winners and was amazed by what a person could do with a camera. I had never owned a camera before, so I didn't even think of photography as a hobby.  I was immediately inspired and I had this overwhelming passion that I knew only came from God. Ever since that moment in time, I believe that God has given me this desire to be a photographer.

I don't know all the answers. I don't know what I am exactly going to do when I graduate from college or how I can use photography to give God the glory. Five years ago, I had been dreaming of the moments of when I would go to college and learn from professors who specialized in photography. I can now say that I am living my dream.

I know that this is a season of change for me and I don't know what the future holds, but I must say that I love what I do and I pray that no one will ever confuse my love for photography to be something as mediocre as a hobby. Just like on the movie, Chariots of Fire, I truly feel God's pleasure when I take pictures.

1 comment:

Caterina Salvietti said...

wow amazing pics!
I would appreciate if you participated in my GIVEAWAY. Up for grabs is a kit of the new collection of OPI nailpolish "Touring America," click here to take part in:
http://breakfastatkaty.blogspot.com/2011/09/opi-giveaway.html