Thursday, September 8, 2011

As surefooted as a deer

I wanted to start my day off on the daily routine, so I started by opening my wonderful leather-bound Bible. I prayed, but I didn't know what to read. I found a note card stuck in my Bible which someone had anonymously written to me during the summer.

One of the things it said was, "When times are hard remember this: Psalm 18:2." So I decided to read the entire chapter. By now you probably think that everything I read or see brings me to tears. When I come in contact with something that has stelar content, I can't help but feel an emotion which normally produces into tears.

I must say I cried after reading this passage.



I would love to write the entire chapter, but I highly encourage you to read it on your own time. Even if you don't read the Bible at all, I think this is very encouraging and maybe you can understand why I love the Lord and the Bible so much. Here are the highlights.

"I love you, Lord; you are my strength. " 18:1

"I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise." 18:3

"But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help." 18:6

"He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters." 18:16

"He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me. the Lord rewarded me for doing right; he restored me because of my innocence." 18:19-20

"To the faithful you show yourself faithful; to those with integrity you show integrity. To the pure you show yourself pure." 18:25-26

"In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall. God's way is perfect. All the Lord's promises prove true... For who is God except the Lord? Who but our God is a solid rock? God arms me with strength, and he makes my way perfect. He makes me as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights." 18:29-33

"You have given me your shield of victory. Your right hand supports me; your help has made me great. You have made a wide path for my feet to keep them from slipping." 18:35-26

One thing I have begun to realize that I am NOTHING with out God. I cannot do anything in my own strength. I italicized some words which I feel that I am not. I bolded some words which I believe God is.

This chapter is showing all the things we can be through God's help, all we have to do is call out to Him. This chapter is, in a way, my goal for life.  I want God to make me "as surefooted as a deer, enabling me to stand on mountain heights."

No comments: