Friday, August 19, 2011

My Strength When I Am Weak

_MG_2673-1
 I have learned so much this summer and since I haven't written in a while I want to share with you my thoughts on what I have been learning. I hope you are encouraged.

I have so many personal issues to work on. I have realized that I will not have the wisdom that I need unless the Holy Spirit is working in my life on a daily basis. The Holy Spirit cannot be noticed if I do not show the Fruits of the Spirit in my actions. Fruits such as, love, peace, and self-control.

If I love the Lord I will find pleasure in obeying his commands.

"We can only be said to love God when we endeavor to glorify Him, when we desire a participation of His nature, when we study to imitate His perfections."

I have so much to work on. At the beginning of the summer, I said that I was much stronger than last summer. Now I realize that I am nothing without Christ. "[My] strength comes from God's grace." -- Hebrews 13:9

"God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation." James 1:12

Whenever I open the Bible, there is always a verse that speaks to me. I honestly don't know what I would do without Christ in my life. He is the one who constantly gives me hope even when there seems to be nothing all around me.

This summer is almost over and I know new things will come. I am nervous and excited for the change, even though, I don't quite yet know what it's going to be. God has something in mind for me. I should thank Him even though I don't know what he has in store for me.

"All things work together for good to those who love God to those who are called according to His purpose."-- Romans 8:28

No comments: