Monday, May 16, 2011

True Love


3

Seeking God is very similar to developing a friendship. The more intimately you know your friend, the greater your love will be.

"In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you," says the Lord.
-- Jeremiah 29:12-13

My heart is the key to devotion to God, a half-heart is not enough. Jesus gave His whole life and suffered for my foolishness and immaturity. The least I can do is give my life , my whole heart, back to Him. This means I cannot let anyone take the Lord's place. (Idolatry?) Could this mean that a person could take God's place? Yes, I believe so.

 "For devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ is giving everything or nothing at all."-- Jackie Kendall


I must also check my motives. I should not be seeking God for who He is  not what He gives. I need to seek God with a pure heart. For God knows my motives. "A woman with a pure heart for God does not focus on what He gives, but delights in who He is." -- Debby Jones

No comments: